The UNITED KINGDOM, USA, Canada, Germany, and France are the most sought-after destinations for prospective students who are eager to advance their education and get a global reputation. It has long provided world-class education in fields like engineering, physics, art and design, business and management, law and finance, medicine, and public health. The UK, USA, Canada, Germany, and France have been responsible for producing the world’s top intellectuals, as evidenced by numerous scientific researches and global scientific publications.
Campus World can guide you through the panorama of foreign education and assist you in selecting the best option for you. You can gain admission to prestigious colleges and institutions in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Europe, Malaysia, Singapore, and other countries. We are here to properly advise and guide you.
The Student Visa Application Process in Canada and the United States
The student visa processes in both Canada and the United States are described in full below. Students are recommended to read them thoroughly and make the greatest use of the knowledge.
- Choose your course, apply to your preferred Canadian university, and await your acceptance letter.
- Begin your student visa application after you have received it.
- Fill out an application for a Canadian Student Visa.
- Prepare the required documentation on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and include them with your Student Visa application.
- Attach a copy of your English proficiency exam score certificate.
- Attend the Biometrics appointment and interview.
There are three categories of student visas in the United States.
F-1 Student Visa – For students wishing to pursue full-time graduate or doctoral studies.
M-1 Student Visa – For vocational studies and short-term programmes such as culinary school or medical training.
J-1 Student Visa – A J-1 visa is required for students who wish to study for one or two semesters at any US university.
- Apply to your desired US university and wait for your acceptance letter.
- Choose your visa type based on your academic objectives and apply online.
- If you are an F-1 or M-1 student visa applicant, you will receive Form I-20, and if you are a J-1 student visa applicant, you will receive Form – DS 2019.
- Pay the I-901 Sevis Fee after receiving your respective form. F-1/M-1 students must pay 350 USD, whereas J-1 students must pay 220 USD.
- After paying the fees, print a copy of the payment confirmation page to exhibit at your visa interview.
- To apply for an international student visa, find the nearest US Embassy or Consulate.
- Fill out the DS-160 online form, commonly known as the non-immigrant visa form, which is required for international students.
- Choose a date for the Visa interview
- Pay the visa application fee
- Participate in your Visa interview
- Get your student visa
United Kingdom- Visa Requirements and Qualifying Criteria
To fulfil all of the UK student visa criteria, you must provide:
- Passport information
- A recently taken image
- An unconditional admission letter from a licenced Tier 4 Sponsor, accompanied by a ‘Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)’ form from your course provider (worth 30 points) – similar to the i20 in the United States
- Passing one of the secure English language tests demonstrates appropriate English language skills (SELT). If you are from an English-speaking country, such as the United States, or have achieved a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in an English-speaking country, you will not be required to supply this.
- Proof of financial assistance for the duration of your stay in the UK (worth 10 points). This can be in the form of bank documents or a letter from your financial sponsor demonstrating that you can fund your tuition, housing, and living expenses.
- You may also be asked to provide documentation proving your academic credentials.
- You may also be required to get specific medical immunizations or undergo a tuberculosis test, depending on your place of origin.
- A biometric exam, which includes a digital scan of your fingerprints and a digital image, is also necessary.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old and applying for a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must have written permission from your parents or guardians to reside and travel alone.
- If you apply under the points-based system (Tier 4), you may be asked to attend a brief interview at the visa application centre. During the online application procedure, you should select a PBS Tier 4 appointment.
Following the Application Process
Following the payment of the visa application fee, it varies for different countries. You should receive a verdict on your visa within three weeks. Nine out of ten Indian people who apply for a visa to the United Kingdom are granted one.
The Embassy-approved courier service will return your passport to you. You will not be able to pick up your passport in person. To avoid delivery delays, [you must register with a courier] at the same time you plan your visa interview appointment. Students with this visa are permitted to:
- Perform unpaid jobs throughout your study time.
- During the holidays, you can work full-time.
- As part of your education, you will be able to complete a work placement.
- In a recognised organization’s programme, you can work as a postgraduate dentist or doctor.
- 2 years as a student union vacation officer
Immigration Check Upon Arrival
A Border Force officer will want to see your passport or travel document, as well as any supporting papers required for your visit, and will stamp it with the duration of your stay. Your passport must be valid for the duration of your visit. For example, if your course lasts 12 months or longer, you can stay for the term of the course plus four months. You are not permitted to stay beyond this time. You must ensure that you are properly inoculated before arriving.
Also, keep your immunisation record in your hand luggage. You should also bring your study documents (including your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or CAS number), evidence of funding, and confirmation of accommodation.
Campus World is the leading study abroad consultancy in Kochi and we are here to help you every step of the way. We are concerned about your future and, as a result, your education. Contact us at 55/762, 1st Floor, Concrete Lane, Near DDRC SRL Building, Panampilly Nagar, Kochi (Cochin) Ernakulam if you have any questions. Alternatively, you can reach us at +91 79022 50004.