The Staff Selection Commission is the authoritative body for conducting recruitment examination for the various available posts at the government offices as well as in the ministries. The exams are conducted at the Higher Secondary level, Graduate Level and Secondary Level. Whenever, there is a vacancy in central government, SSC issues the notice for the aspirants related to the recruitment exam. There are lakhs of aspirants who wish to be in the government sector and they give this one as their priority for the career. Therefore, whenever the vacancies are release, they apply for it. But before applying for any of the SSC exam, candidates must keep certain points in their mind such as going through the syllabus and much more.
SSC CGL Tier I Exam Pattern
|Sl No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||A cumulative time of 60 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier II Exam Pattern
|Sl.No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|1||Quantitative Ability||100||200||2 hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus: 2019
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Analogy||Science||Interest||Fill in the Blanks|
|Paper Folding Method||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Number System|
|Verbal reasoning||Time and Work|
SSC CGL Tier II Syllabus: 2019
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||Measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
What are the advantages of analysis of syllabus for getting selected in SSC exam?
● Getting exact information the exam along with the exam pattern: The syllabus of exam is the most significant thing as it will tell the aspirants about the subject matter for which they have to prepare. They will get the information about from which section how questions will be asked in any of the SSC examination paper. Getting through the topics will help the candidates to start their preparation.
● Level of examination: Examinations conducted by the SSC at the secondary, higher secondary and graduate level has different difficulty level. Therefore, it is essential for the candidates to know the difficulty level and reading the syllabus thoroughly will help the candidates in knowing about the level of examination. It will help them in choosing the books for preparation.
● Making time table: carefully going through the syllabus of SSC exam will help the candidates in understanding that what kind of questions can be asked in the exam. So, the aspirants can divide their whole time of preparation in different segments and allocating specific time to each segment. They can give more time to those segments in which they are weak.
● Getting confidence: careful analysis of syllabus will boost your confidence level as it will make sure that you didn’t miss any important topic and this confidence will help the candidates in scoring good marks in the exam.
● Gaining knowledge about the marks break up: Apart from thorough analysis of syllabus, it is also necessary to practice last year’s SSC question papers via offline and online sources. This will help the aspirants in breaking up the section and they will know exact number of questions that can be asked from the particular section in exam. This will help the candidates in preparing for the weak areas.