Google has added loading times, as a prime ranking factor while ranking a webpage. And most of the newbie bloggers out there, fails to reduce their blogger blog loading time.This is mainly because most of them tries to follow irrelevant methods to reduce their blog’s loading time, or else follow some outdated tutorial for the same.
If your blog is hosted on blogger, and if you’re seeking ways to reduce your blog’s load time, then we’re here to help you out. And today, we will be providing you 5 simple yet effective ways to reduce the loading time of your blogger blog.
- http://www.csscompressor.com/ CSS Compressor
- http://www.textfixer.com/html/compress-html-compression.php HTML Compressor
2. Don’t Use Background For Your Blogger Template
Using background images for your blogger template can adversely affect your blog’s loading time, as these background images repeat themselves both horizontally and vertically. And this expansion of background image to cover the entire area takes much time and will again increase the loading time.
Instead of using a background image, you can use hex colors as background. By using hex colors you can add your favorite color as the background and still save your blog’s loading time !
The most common mistakes committed by newbie bloggers is that, while the remove any widget from their blogger blog, they forget to remove the CSS code of the widget from their blogger template.
Without the widget, the CSS code is useless and adds to the loading time of your webpage. Therefore, if you remove any unwanted widgets from your blogger blog, make sure the CSS code of the widget from your blogger template too !
4. Use Full-Size Images For Your Blog Posts
When you upload an image onto your blog post, blogger automatically resizes it according to your blog’s width. But when the browser loads your blog post, it first needs to resize the image to load the blog post completely. Hence, you’re increasing your blog’s loading time, by asking the web browser to resize the images in your blog post.
Instead, you can resize the image yourself using some editing software to your preferred dimensions, and then upload and insert the image into your blog post in Full-Size. Through this, you’re reducing the working load of your browser and thus helping to increase your blog’s loading speed !
5. Keep Your Blogger Template Simple
The overall performance of your blog’s template plays a key role in determining the loading time of your blog. Therefore, it’s your responsibility to keep your blog’s template simple, and here’s how:
- Use a well-optimized blogger template: Every blogger template may not perform equally. Therefore, choose templates that are SEO optimized with a minimalistic design and faster loading time.
- Keep The Layout Of Your Blog Simple: Don’t stuff your blog with lots of widgets or advertisements. Always make sure that you use essential widgets only on your blog. Also reduce the number of advertisements to a maximum of 3 ads in a page.
- Keep Your Homepage Simple: Simplifying your blog’s homepage can also positively affect your blog’s loading time. And you can simplify your blog’s homepage by limiting the number of posts displayed per page. You can also use read more attributes for individual posts on your blog’s homepage to decrease loading time.
We eagerly waiting for your comments so please feel free to share your experience and suggestions with us