Today we are going to interview popular blogging stars to reveal their strategies and secrets of SEO to our valuable readers. Jitendra Vaswani is a professional blogger, influential digital marketer and a speaker. He is the founder of Internet Marketing blog BloggersIdeas. He completed his Computer Engineering. He started with his entrepreneurial journey with his blog BloggersIdeas. So let’s have a look about him and let him reveal his strategies.
1. Please tell us about yourself and how you got into blogging?
Jitendra Vaswani is a Digital Marketing Practitioner & international keynote speaker currently living digital nomad lifestyle. He is the founder of kickass Internet Marketing blog BloggersIdeas.com where he interviewed marketing legends like Neil Patel & Rand Fishkin.
During his more than 6+yrs long expertise in Digital Marketing, Jitendra has been a marketing consultant, trainer, speaker and author of “Inside A Hustler’s Brain : In Pursuit of Financial Freedom” which has sold over 20,000 copies, worldwide. He has trained 3000+ digital marketing professionals till date and has been conducting Digital marketing workshops across the globe from 5+ yrs. His ultimate goal is to help people build businesses through digitization make them realize that dreams do come true if you stay driven. To see his speaking click here : https://jitendra.co/speaking/.
I got into blogging when I was reading online on how to start a blog & then I started blogging on Free WordPress.com , slowly I saved some money from my job & bought a hosting & domain from Godaddy.
BloggersIdeas.com was my first domain on internet I bought & it changed my life.
2. Please share the Journey of Bloggersideas?
If you saw my blog, I interviewed a lot of digital marketing experts like Zac Johnson, Neil Patel, Ann Smarty and many others.
My traffic was pure organic and I never did paid traffic when I started, because I didn’t have much money at that time. I started this blog with invest of 50$ and this 50$ investment is now worth millions.
3. What are those 5 key blogging tips that you would like to share with beginner?
There are many tips to be shared but I would share my favorite 5 tips which can help newbie to start blogging.
- Buy good hosting , never go for cheap hosting
- Buy expired domains, I know its expensive but to rank on Google in 2019 you need domain which have authority already.
- Go attend networking events
- Learn from the experts
- Work in niche where you can share your genuine experience, starting a blog in a niche where you are not aware about the topic will lead to failure.
4. What’s your SEO tip to stay on top
My SEO tips :
- Again buy expired domains to rank on Google, this is tested by experts & by myself, as I have met so many SEO specialists, they have been telling to buy good quality expired domains.
- Use visual content like Infographics & videos to get engagement on your blogs
- Remove junk pages & fix broken links from your website, this can help you rank higher, as one of my niche site had many broken links & i replaced them, saw traffic increase at 22%.
5. What would you advice someone who wants to make money as an affiliate?
- Start with single niche website, create content related to that topic & share it on social platforms like Reddit, FB, Linkedin & Pinterest.
- Start engaging in high quality social groups where you will find lot of knowledge related to affiliate marketing.
- You can find affiliate offers on ShareAsale, Cj.cim & Impact.com, these are trustworthy platforms to start with affiliate offers. Never work with affiliate programs which are not worthy, avoid inhouse affiliate programs as they do lot of affiliate shaving. I am not saying everyone does that but some in the past did with me 🙂
6. What are your 3 favourite ways to generate traffic to your blog?
When I started blogging I used to share my posts on trending blogging communities, you can do the same, share your content into the communities where there are lot of bloggers related to your niche & do provide value in your content.
Some communities :
7. Please recommend 5 best plugins you would suggest to bloggers and why?
SEO Yoast: For SEO optimization & making your blog titles looks better’
Thirsty Affiliates: For cloaking the affiliate links, as affiliate links are very long & clingy.
Wp Rocket: For speeding up wordpress site, this plugin is best plugin for optimizing speed of your blog.
Jetpack: Jetpack is one the must need plugin for backing up Wp blog & restore it in minutes. I am addicted to this plugin for making my site secure with backup.
Ithemes security: This plugin helps me to keep my site secure in terms of hacking & someone trying login into my admin panel.
8. What kind of promotion activities you use for Bloggersideas?
These techniques I am using currently
- Social media sharing on Pinterest, Linkedin & Twitter.
- Outreach link building
- Skyscraper technique
- Interviews & podcast
- Doing experts roundup on my blog
9. Which revenue source do you think is the most effective for bloggers/marketers?
Affiliate marketing is my favorite source of income. But I will list some more strategies which are used world renowned marketers like Neil Patel, Zac Johnson, Matthew Woodward & many more.
I have multiple courses of income to monetize my blog traffic:
- Sponsored reviews
- SEO consultation
- PR marketing services
- Coaching & training
You should never depend on single course of income as technology is changing everyday, you have to upgrade yourself in terms of knowledge.
10. Which are your 5 favorite Digital Marketing Tools & why?
Ofcourse everyone have fav digital marketing tools, I will list mine here :
Ahrefs: For competitor Spying
Semrush : For keyword research & finding PPC keywords
Google Analytics : For traffic analysis
Search Console : For fixing website issues
Google Trends : Findidn PPC keywords.
11. What’s your favorite social network – Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter?
Linkedin is now under leverage & I am trying my best to get attention on Linkedin by sharing interviews, motivational posts & engaging within the community.
12. Which are the Digital Marketing blogs you visit regularly?
I follow some blogs where I can get latest news about digital marketing :
But these days I am also many events to upgrade my knowledge, so I am listing out some great affiliate & digital marketing events.
Check out some events:
I recommend affiliate marketers to join in and build their network with high-quality affiliates. Interestingly, I have been able to grow my business 10X, just by attending such events.
Jitendra is a well known social media person with great blogging skills. I hope you guys will find this interview informative.
Thanks readers for taking time to read, Do share your reviews and questions for Jitendra.