Reading income reports from bloggers is what inspired me to start sharing my own blog income reports. It’s always inspiring to see how other bloggers earn an income online. Here are 15 bloggers from all different niches who share income reports on their blog. At the time of writing this post, all of these bloggers have been sharing their income.
Bloggers earning $10,000+ per month: Their Blog Income Reports 2019
Pat Flynn / Smart Passive Income / Online Marketing Expert
Pat Flynn is an online marketing expert who specialises in showing online business owners how to make passive income, which means money generated by your business that doesn’t require too much effort from you.
Income: Pat Flynn rakes in 157,131 per month, as of January 2017. In 2016, he made $1,300,000 in total within 12 months.
Here’s a powerful quote by Pat Flynn
“I didn’t get to where I am overnight. It’s been a long road filledwith lots of hustle and my fair share of mistakes. And yet, through persistence and passion, I’ve managed to build something amazing—something I never thought possible when I first launched Smart Passive Income.”
Matthew Woodward / Online Marketing Expert
Matthew is an award winning internet marketing blogger whose passion is SEO and how to make blogs rank on Google.
Income: Matthew rakes in $23,298 per month as of December 2016 . In 2016, he made over $270,000 from his blog.
John Chow @JohnChow.Com
John Morrow / SmartBlogger / Writer
John Morrow is an incredible writer turned serial blogger. He is the founder of Guestblogging, Smartblogger and was the editor of Copyblogger. The interesting thing is that it took him 5 years to earn his first dollar online. When he first started blogging he started four blogs at the same time and the first 3 failed.
The craziest thing is John Morrow is paralysed from the neck down. He can only move the muscles in his face and was given just 2 years to live when he was a child. At 31 years old, he is one of the oldest people in the world with ‘Type II spinal muscular atrophy’ a degenerative neuromuscular disease.
Guess how he writes his articles?
By using his voice.
Yes. Just his voice.
He uses a Dell laptop with an i5 processor with a VXI TalkPro UC2 microphone and a prototype lip-operated mouse.
Income: Smartblogger rakes in $178,427 per month as of January 2016.
Lindsay Ostrom /Pinch of Yum/ Food Blogger
Pinch of Yum is a food blog run by Lindsay Ostrom and her husband. She’s a food enthusiast; who loves to write, cook and take pictures of delicious food and she’s been blogging for 7 years.
Income: Pinch of Yum rakes in $96,000 per month, as of November2016.
Abby Lawson / Just a girl and her blog / Organize your life
Justagirlandherblog is a personal blog run by Abby alongside her husband Donnie. She writes about how to decorate your home and organise your life.
Income: Abby Lawson rakes in $41,700 per month as of December 2016. In 2016, she earned in total $477,981 within 12 months.
Melyssa Griffin / Online Marketing Expert for Creatives
Melyssa Griffin started a graphic design blog called the Nectar Collective in 2013. Within the first 2 years she was able to turn her blog into a 6 figure blog. Now she focuses on helping creative entrepreneurs turn their passion into profit.
Income: Melyssa Griffin rakes in $283,680 per month as of January 2017. In 2016, she made a total of $1,300,000 within 12 months.
As you can see, all of these bloggers write about all kinds of topics, have been blogging for different amounts of time, and make varying amounts of money from their blog.
In conclusion, based on the findings from my research on top 10 bloggers, you should consider adopting the following blueprint if you want to monetize your blog.
- Build a thriving online community
- Offer great content
- Get traffic to your blog
- Build an email list
- Take part in Affiliate Marketing – promote products and tools that your solve your readers problems and you get paid a commission
- Place Banners Ads on your blog – if you plan to make money from banner ads, you must have a consistent content strategy. Therefore you should be planning to blog on a daily basis. The more views you get on your posts, the more money you will make. This strategy is best suited to news/gossip blogs or travel/lifestyle/food blogs
- Digital courses – launch an online course, which addresses the issues your readers are facing
How Make Money Blogging (Any Niche)
Feeling inspired by any of these income reports from bloggers?
If you are looking start making money with your blog, here are my top tips for monetization. If you don’t already have a blog, you can set one up easily in less than hour. Just check my guide to starting a profitable blog.
There are a few main ways that most bloggers make money:
- Affiliate marketing: Promoting products and earning a commission when someones makes a purchase through your unique referral link
- Advertising: Hosting ads on your blog (most bloggers start out with Google AdSense)
- Sponsored posts: Collaborating with brands to write sponsored content
- Selling digital products: Many bloggers create products such as ebooks, courses, templates, stock photos, etc. and sell them on their blog
- Selling physical products: Some bloggers sell physical products such as cookbooks, planners, jewelry, coffee mugs, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Selling services: Offering services such as coaching, web design, graphic design, social media management, etc.
The Best Way to Monetize Your Blog
My favorite way to make money is through affiliate marketing. It’s my main source of income, and I was able to start earning money within the first month of starting my blog.
To learn more about making money with affiliate marketing, check out these posts:
1 Google Adsense
2 Affiliate Marketing
Blogging can be an amazing source of income, whether you are just looking for a side income or a full-time job. Blogging is perfect for people who want to be their own boss, start an online business, work from home, work from anywhere and become a digital nomad, escape the 9-to-5 life, or just plain old want a creative outlet and a fun way to make some extra money.